Dumaguete is good to go this time as Esperanze Garcia and Karen Gatus visit for Climate Change Youth Forum March 3-5 at Negros Oriental State University & St. Paul’s University. PhilYCM is still very much on the move. Hopefully we’ll get more pledges for the 1-Million Tree Campaign.
Summer in the Philippines is especially also the season to remember our Mother Earth, with such events as World Forest Day (March 21,2010), Earth Hour (March 27,2010), Earth Day (April 22, 2010) you can find many ways to be involved in the Climate Change cause. So be sure to keep a close eye on events near you.
For the past month, we have been able to travel the Philippines to hold our ‘Climate Change Youth’ Forums and share the advocacy of Sen. Loren Legarda, who is helping us start the Philippine Youth Climate Movement!
1. Awarding Climate Hero’s, stewards of Climate Change in the Philippines in every university:
2. Film-showing of ‘Now is the Time,’ a documentary by the United Nations International Strategy on Disaster Reduction on the need to take immediate and comprehensive action to address growing disaster risks brought about by climate change
3. Film-Showing of ‘Ulan sa Tag-Araw’ A documentary drama which presents the significant social, economic and health effects of climate change in the Philippines.
4. Luntiang Pilipinas turn-over of the seedlings to every school/university:
5. Commitment to join our 1-Million Tree Challenge! (Check out the Pledges so far)