The Philippine Youth Climate Movement (PhilYCM) is an environmental youth network that unites and mobilizes Filipino youth towards environmental activism and responsiveness. Our goal is to mobilize youth all over the Philippines to take action on climate change.
- Build and strengthen local and international youth alliances working towards environmental conservation
- Promote environmental education and information among the Filipino youth and communities
- Acknowledge Climate Heroes across the region
- Mobilize the Philippine Youth to take action on Climate Change
- PHILYCM formed in January 2010
- Visit of Schools & Universities in Luzon, Visayas & Mindanao
- Engaged 50,000++ students
- 2,000++ members
- Awarding of 20 Climate Hero’s
- 100,000 trees commitment
- 5 Philippine youth delegates of PHILYCM joined the official Philippine delegation at UN Climate Change Conference in Cancun, Mexico
• Nationwide Campaign: Campaign to educate youth on climate change through nationwide film viewing of “Now is the Time,” a documentary by the United Nations International Strategy on Disaster Reduction on the need to take immediate and comprehensive action to address growing disaster risks brought about by climate change.
• Climate Hero: Nationwide awarding of Climate Heroes. Honoring young environmental stewards of Climate Change in every school, university, city, and region.
• PHILYCM members were delegates at the Conference of Youth 6 and the UN Climate Change Conference 16th Conference of Parties in Cancun Mexico.